The Parish of Ockbrook & Borrowash
"Making Christian disciples, who love God, love one another, and live out God's love in the world"

St Stephen’s Church History


St Stephen’s was built in 1890 as a ‘chapel of ease’, to meet the worshipping needs of the communities living between the parish churches in Ockbrook and Elvaston. A fine, red-brick building, it is plainly but elegantly furnished to provide a warm welcome to worshippers.

Features include a wrought iron screen, which is in part 17th century work by Robert Bakewell, glass by Archibald J Davies in the tradition of William Morris and a 17th century oak chair, believed to have come via All Saints’ in Ockbrook.

Also featured are two Bromsgrove Guild Windows featured here in this image

With a surrounding garden, flourishing with mature trees and bushes, St Stephen’s is a peaceful haven for those seeking rest from a busy world.

December 2021
No event found!
Advent & Christmas 2021

Advent & Christmas 2021 News

November 2021 News Sheet

November 2021 News Sheet

October 2021 News Sheet

October 2021 News Sheet

September 2021 Newsletter New Sheet Image

September 2021 News Sheet

August 2021 Newsletter New Sheet Image

August 2021 News Sheet